Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aebleskivers & Bows

So Jeff's been in Utah all weekend. He went to help Burtons shingle their roof. So to keep myself busy I decided to make some bows for my niece (who could come any time) and I made Aebleskivers. What are aebleskivers you ask, they are a very tasty Danish pancake. My dads family makes them and it is tradition that Sunday morning before conference he makes a batch of these babies. We all look forward to it! I wasn't about to break the tradition and so I made some for myself.



Originally Aeblesikivers were made with something in the middle. Like a piece of apple or some kind of fruit. We don't usually put anything in the middle, except on the occasion that we are with my uncles and something random ends up in them (cheese puffs, m&ms, candy, olives) but majority of the time there is nothing in the middle :0) My favorite way to eat them is break one in half, put a little butter on each side and dip them in sugar! You can really eat them however you want. They are one of my favorite things to eat and always remind me of my family. Thanks for the memories dad!
And the bows. I bought a bunch of ribbon yesterday and went to town while I watched conference. It was fun to make them and I can't wait to have my little niece here to put them to good use. She's going to be one stylin chica!

14 comments:

Janiel said...

oh the bows are so cute!!
And those donuts things look so yummy - where do you buy the pan?

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

you are so dang cute... I miss you. I wish we all could have been together this weekend! I took pictures of Aebleskivers too to blog about them! Great minds think alike :) Thanks so much for making so many cute bows! She is going to be set! Love you..

Ty and Ber said...

Ebleskivers are my favorite!! My favorite is to put yogert on them. Rasberry yogert is my favorite. So yummy.

Nice job on the bows. Hopefully Paige's little girl will have hair so that she can wear them!

Nicole Burton said...

thanks for letting us borrow your hubby. The roof ended up really nice... i get to enojy it until nov 6th. :) How do you curl the ribbon for the bows?? Jeff was a good boy and went and had those pancakes with your fam this morning :)

Alison said...

Ummm... I love aebleskivers! My dad used to make them too. We haven't had them in a long time though.

Anonymous said...

what a good Auntie you are.. darling bows! Those aebleskivers thing-a-ma-bobs-deals.. lol... look DELICIOUS... you are so cute.. I love keeping in touch with you on here!

Robin said...

Sounds yummy, I was hoping you'd post the recipe! Those bows are so cute! I loved the one you gave me for Aly last fall. You are so sweet!

Sierra said...

I wish you could have come up too... those boys are nothign but trouble without us around watching them :-)

Lindsay said...

Look at you go!! I'm so impressed with your homemakiness and craftiness! I just bought a bow for my new neice that looks just like that! If I was crafty, I could make my own!

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!!! How long is Jeff going to be gone for? I really want to come visit - haha I should have this weekend considering both Jake and Jeff left us ;)

Those looked really really yummy - I've never had them before though!

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

YUM!! And I am so impressed with your bow making skills!! You don't need me!! :o) You're going to be such a cute aunt to little Gracie!! :o) (Is it still going to be Gracie?) Miss you tons!! Love ya!

Kelsey said...

Yummy! Cute bows! Make sure to post when baby Grace gets here!

Tara said...

I love the bows. I need to learn how to make them. You will have to check my latest blog post and tell your sister to come to our bow party. It's open to anyone and everyone!! I went in to Acre...Lee's to visit. I wished you were there. Hope all is going well. Enjoy those quiet bow making nights, they don't last forever.

Shauna Spendlove said...

Erin I love aebleskivers!!! (I had to look at the spelling though) My dad used to make them all the time..not as much anymore, but they are definately one of my favorites!!! When we eat them we have a bowl of melted butter and a bowl of powdered sugar... we dip it in the butter then in the powdered sugar... yummy! You made me crave them... I'm going to have to ask my dad to make me some!