Thursday, May 22, 2008

We Made It!

Our apartment complex

Waiting in the car for morning (that was a long night)!


Well we made to Las Vegas safe and sound and into our apartment after having quite the run around. I called on our way down to make sure that everything was good to go and just to let them know that we'd be there around 5pm. Well come to find out the apartments office hours are 9am-6pm but move ins are only 10am-4pm. Hello!?! Why didn't anyone tell us this before??? So I was a little frustrated about that and then we had to have our power turned on before we could move in, no big deal right? Well since we'd never had power through Nevada before we had to go to the office which was clear across town to show ID and they closed at 6pm. We went there and barely made. Needless to say we ended up sleeping in the parking lot of the apartment complex that night but we moved in Friday! I'm so glad that is over! I'll post pictures of the apartment when I've got it a little more organized.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Hey Erin! I am glad you came across our blog. Dan told me that Bart was pretty sad on your last day! I'm sure they will miss you. You will love living away. As hard as it is at first, you and Jeff will love the experience. I hope all goes well. Keep in touch!!

Angie said...

Sounds like you've already had some fun. It will make a good story for your kids, trust me. Have fun organizing!

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad you made it! And how fun to sleep in the car!

Stacy said...

Hey i'm glad you found my blog. i'm glad you made it to vegas safe, sorry you had to sleep in your car, thats not much fun, i hope everything goes well, keep me posted, Good luck with everything!!

The Walkers said...

ERIN!!!:) How are you?! This is Heather (Satterthwaite) Walker! I am so glad I found your blog so we can stay in touch! I hear you are going to be an aunt!! How exciting! Well I hope to hear back from you! You can check out our blog at heatherandwyatt.blogspot.com!!!