Sunday, August 31, 2008

THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Jeff and I have been saying that we need to go up to Mt. Charleston and go for a hike and we finally did it this weekend. Mt. Charleston is about 50 miles out of Vegas. On Saturday we packed a lunch and headed up to the mountains. It was so much cooler up there and it was beautiful, it felt like home! Here are some pics of our hike.


Jeff standing in front of Mary Jane Falls. It wasn't much of a water fall but there was some water trickeling down. It was really pretty.
Just posing on a big tree. There were a lot of really big trees up there. They were quite impressive.

Jeff being silly.


What a view!

I just thought this was cute. There a little town just off the road and as you pull in there are all the mail boxes. Jeff and I decided that is were we want to live. It's much cooler and peaceful up there!
I was glad that we were able to go on this little hike. It always reminds me how out of shape I am. I better hit the gym extra this week!


9 comments:

Angie said...

Outside Vegas, eh? Who knew it was so pretty and Mountainous?!? Looks like fun. I love the mountains.

Robin said...

What a nice little get away, it's beautiful!

Janiel said...

How fun!! I love to hike.
The little town with all the mailboxs looks like a little cute Mayberry Town :)
We miss ya

Sierra said...

Looks beautiful! Don't tell Trace you want to live there or he may follow suit and drag me along :-) He's shooting for Tin Cup, Wyoming but I think he would settle anywhere Jeff was

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute! I admire your drive to hike...I wish I was more like that!

Bart, Paige and Grace said...

How pretty! I am glad you guys got to go. I want to come! :) maybe sometime when Bart is done with school and Grace is a bit older we can come down and play. I miss you! I wish I was going to be seeing you Saturday at the baby shower.. I love you!

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

So fun!! Love the pics! It Looks so pretty! Miss you tons!!

Alison said...

Hey Erin! It was so fun that you left me a comment and now we can keep in touch! Cute blog!

Nevada huh? I didn't know that you had moved. Looks like it is quite the fun adventure for you guys. I hope all is going well for you!

Grandpa & Grandma Clark said...

What a fun outing! I remember going to Mt Charleston with my sister Suzanne when I would visit her. They lived in Vegas when I was much younger. Fun memories. Miss and love you so much! Jim and Jennette