...this cute Elder comes home!!!
He's been serving in Vladivostok Russia and has been the best missionary! He has been able to see so many places and has traveled a lot! His mission covers most of Eastern Russia and every 3 months he has to renew his Visa in a different country. The closest place to do that is Korea, but for a while they weren't able to send them there. So he has traved across all of Russia to renew his visa and they've been able to stop along the way and visit some fun places. He's been to Estonia, Prague, Moscow, and Korea several times. We tease him that he's probably done more traveling than anything else! He has loved serving the Russian people and I'm sure he's excited to come home but he is going to miss the people and serving our Heavenly Father. I love this quote from Joseph Smith and I think of the wonderful missionaries all over the world serving:
“Our missionaries are going forth to different nations, and in Germany, Palestine, New Holland, Australia, the East Indies, and other places, the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done” (History of the Church, 4:540).
Thanks Andy for being a wonderful example to me and for serving a mission. I love you so much and I am so proud of you and the work you have done. I can't wait to see you in 14 days!




10 comments:
I can't believe he is coming home!! That is so exciting!!
ahh that's so cool. I bet your whole fam is super excited to see him again. And what an awesome mission he had! Congrats to your bro. :)
I can't wait.. I can't wait for so many things... Like seeing him again of course, hugging him having him tell us awesome stories. I am excited to see you and jeffy and to be together as a family!
Wow those 2 years flew by!!!
Yay! That's awesome he's coming home and I love that quote.
I am so excited for you and your family! That is the most exciting moment to see him walk down that airport terminal, looking so mature and grown up. Be prepared to cry...
Yay!! I'm so excited for you and your family.
That's so exciting that he's coming home! To me he will also be a little boy and I can't believe he's a man now.
He's so cute... who should I set him up with???
Happy Anniversary! Nik and I are coming up on 4 years too! Young Womens sounds like a lot of fun! I always think of this quote about young womens... "It doesn't matter what they think of me, but what they think of themselves when they are with me." Hilary Weeks (the singer) said that at a devotional she did in our stake! I loved it! Glad to see you guys are doing good!
Post a Comment