Once a week (hopefully) I'm going to post about something that I am thankful for.
For my first week of Thankful Thursday I am going to post about how thankful I am for visiting teaching. When we were first married my visiting teaching partner was a sweet older lady in our ward and I learned so much from her and got to be good friends with her. I enjoyed going to visit the sisters we were assigned to. She really taught me the importance of VT and I found a lot of joy in it. I am also grateful for the sisters that come to visit me (thanks Ciara (o: ) and the friendships that I have made with them. I know that visiting teaching is an inspired program and blesses our lives. Thanks for all of you wonderful visiting teachers out there!




10 comments:
I'm so excited to hear what you are up to every week!! Thanks so much for being the cute girl you are! You make me smile :)
On a related note, I had my visiting teacher come over for the first time in over 3 years today... So that was really interesting to have him come over and then read this post :)
I so agree...visiting teaching does make a difference not just in the lives of those you visit but also in your life.
I can't stand when people spell Sierra that way... but I'm sure she's a nice person anyway :-)
what a GREAT thing to do!
i am grateful for Visiting Teaching too. . . i just need to be more diligent! ha! :) thanks for inspiring me to do so hon. :)
i have never had better Visiting Teachers than in Buffalo. the Sisters here have and LOT of love to give. . . and i am grateful for that!
love you :)
Um I too am grateful for visiting teachers!! You (and Carol) were the best! We miss you!
what a cute idea. i too heart VT, even though i'm not always great at doing it. i have loved getting to women i would have never otherwise known well.
I haven't checked your blog in awhile and just saw your post about Mia Maid advisor. I just got that calling in June. I have really enjoyed it and find it a new exciting challenge. Let me know if you have any great ideas that you do in your ward.
Such a great idea!! Love it :)
Hey love! Thanks so much for your post! I love how she spells her name Ciara! I think that is so cute!
Thank you for inspiring me to be a better VT.. I love you and learn so much from you!
Visiting teaching is a great blessing... to give and to get :)
B.L.W.:
What does it matter how someone spells a name ? :P
When you two come up next? Thanksgiving or Xmas???
Post a Comment