Friday, April 16, 2010

Changes

So an update on our lives....
In May it will be 2 years that we've lived in Nevada. I can't believe how fast time flies and how quickly things can change. Jeff has been working so hard while attending UNLV and has done so well, I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished! He has been studying like crazy to get ready for finals which he takes the last week of April and then we are headed back to Utah!
It's a bitter sweet thing for us to be moving back. We are so very excited to be back in O-Town and be closer to our family and friends but there are family and friends here that we will miss so very much! Thankfully Vegas isn't too far we can come down and visit every now and then.
We originally had planned on Jeff taking his finals and then leaving mid May but our lease ends the end of April and they wouldn't pro-rate our rent. Rather they'd charge us a full months rent plus $100 fee for renting outside of our contract...lame! So Jeff takes his last final on the 28th and we have to be out of our apartment the 30th. Wish us luck! (I'm already stressing about having to move...I hate moving!) We have some awesome friends who have agreed to come down and help us move and we can't thank them enough, THANKS BURTONS, we owe you big time!
Some other good news...Jeff's little (well younger not little) brother Jake is engaged to this sweet cute girl Hailee and we are so excited for them! Congrats you two, we love ya!!!
That's our life in a nutshell. Thanks for all of the love and support everyone has given to us. We couldn't do it without the help of good friends and family!

12 comments:

Nic and Shannon Rich said...

Oh I bet your family is so excited to have you guys closer! I agree moving is no fun especially when you spend so long packing it up and then you unpack it all right after! Good luck though I hope things go good for you guys!!

Retro Plants said...

holy 2 years!?!
where did the time go?
how exciting that you guys will be done. . . and you are moving back to O-town?
are you staying there permanently?
sounds nice.
"stable" sounds nice!

GOOD LUCK with the move. . . that can be *very* stressfull!!! but don't worry. . . it will all be all right and you won't even remember why you stressed to begin with! ;)

my most un-favorite thing to do is to move. . . and yet, we have moved four times since being married!
almost a move every year of being together!

and can you believe that?
five years.
five years since we found our wonderful hubbies. . . since that first EPIC date! ;)
man, Erin!
when did we grow up?

well. . . LOVE you both tons and hope things go smoothly.
good luck Jeff {like you need it!}
we know you will rock your finals! ;)

p.s.
Jeff's little brother is getting married?
Congratulations!
weird to think he is old enough. . .
remember when we went snowmobiling on New Year's Day with him?
and i was wearing only my long john's! ha ha ha!
good ol' times.

Jenny said...

Wow 2 yrs has flown by, that's awesome you'll be back here though! I'm sure you'll miss your buddies there too. We're so excited for jake and hailee! I met her at brightyn's blessing and she's a doll!

Sierra said...

We are very excited to have you guys back. Moving in two days will be crazy, but I'm sure you can do it. If we didn't have school, we would love to come help. It will be fun to be neighbors :-)

We are so happy for Jake. I absolutely love Hailee, and they are so cute together. Hooray for weddings

Robin said...

How exciting and congratulations Jeff that is so much work! You guys have so much going on! Let me know if there's anything we can do to help!

Kari said...

I can't believe it's been 2 years since I've seen you in the pharmacy!!
That went so fast! That's so exciting you are moving back. Good luck!

Janiel said...

Yea! I'm excited you get to move back to Utah. - Are you scared to move into Brent's house? At least you have a piano to play - I think you will need to tune it - it hasn't been played for at least 10 years. We miss you guys - I would love you two to come visit again real soon

Leslie said...

Congrats to you both but I know your family and friends in Utah are happy to have you back.

Amanda said...

:( I'm sad to see you guys go, but so happy for you to be done with this portion of school and moving on. We have a lot of boxes and we want to help in any way. Let us know when and we will come load the truck or clean or do whatever. Good luck!

Catherina said...

YOu are coming home! :-) Yipee!!! Cant wait to see you guys again:-) good luck on the move. :-) yOu movin' back to the ward/your old place?

anyhow,,
laters girlie:-)
cat

Tara said...

2 years already. I know exactly how you feel right now. I never thought I would be sad to leave Oregon, but you've made a home in Nevada and now that Chapter is over. The pharmacy will be so glad to have you back. Good luck with the move--I hate it as well.

Shauna Spendlove said...

Hey that is cool you are back in Utah!! =) We will have to come down and visit the pharmacy while we are there in June!!